Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Packing Tape Technique Tutorial

Welcome to my first Technique Tuesday. I read about "Packing Tape Technique" on a forum today. For what I've done, all you need is packing tape, water, and an image from a magazine.

First, find your image. I got mine from the latest Oriental Trading Scrapbook magazine. It's a set of fanned out Halloween patterned paper:

Cut your image out:
Pull out a piece of packing tape:
Press your image down on the packing tape. Get 'er all pressed down, you don't air bubbles:
Drop it in some water and let soak till soaked through:
Lightly dry it off. You might want to use a microfiber towel so you don't get any lint. I sort of thought the lint added to the cool look. You don't want it bone dry, just not dripping:
The soaked paper will easily pull off:
Keep peeling:
In the end, you'll have a transparency! Cool stuff:
I stuck it on some white cardstock. I needed some additional adhesive, since my image covered the tape from edge to edge:
Trimmed it up and made a pretty card with something that was headed to the compost:


Recipe: Cardstock from The Paper Company; stamp from Stampin' Up; embellishments from The Paper Studio

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'm going to add this to my list of "things to do when it's too cold to go outside." I think Matthew and Emma will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete